Communication

Go down

Communication

Post  zlaty on Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:09 am

It seems like people check the forums every 100 hours so how about for quick access to each other we make a group on xfire and whenever we need an OP+, we can just instant message each other to get on the server. That or we need more ops because 70% of the time I am on the server there is no OP+ and I am just Tempbanning griefers without being able to get rid of them permanently and undo all their crap. Please, I really don't want this server to turn into a wasteland.. it is the only one I go on Sad

zlaty

Posts : 17
Join date : 2010-11-12
Age : 24
Location : Toronto

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Communication

Post  maxinator33 on Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:54 am

zlaty wrote:It seems like people check the forums every 100 hours so how about for quick access to each other we make a group on xfire and whenever we need an OP+, we can just instant message each other to get on the server. That or we need more ops because 70% of the time I am on the server there is no OP+ and I am just Tempbanning griefers without being able to get rid of them permanently and undo all their crap. Please, I really don't want this server to turn into a wasteland.. it is the only one I go on Sad

The problem is, that you live in Toronto, and I live in The Netherlands. The difference in the time is big, so for me it seems like you're never on. But I agree, a chatbox, group would be great

maxinator33

Posts : 35
Join date : 2010-10-10
Age : 21
Location : Netherlands

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Communication

Post  zlaty on Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:35 pm

Exactly, so maybe we should have an OP+ for my timezone too... someone that is on at 8-11 EST.. someone like me Rolling Eyes

zlaty

Posts : 17
Join date : 2010-11-12
Age : 24
Location : Toronto

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Agreed

Post  Purepower on Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:14 am

I agree. Skype and Ventrilo could work good. That's my vote. I have both. =P
avatar
Purepower

Posts : 32
Join date : 2010-11-07
Age : 24
Location : Georgia, US

View user profile

Back to top Go down

-Rolls eyes-

Post  Purepower on Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:15 am

zlaty wrote:Exactly, so maybe we should have an OP+ for my timezone too... someone that is on at 8-11 EST.. someone like me Rolling Eyes

Nominating yourself is kind of childish. If your worthy, you will be noticed.
avatar
Purepower

Posts : 32
Join date : 2010-11-07
Age : 24
Location : Georgia, US

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Communication

Post  zlaty on Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:42 pm

Purepower wrote:
zlaty wrote:Exactly, so maybe we should have an OP+ for my timezone too... someone that is on at 8-11 EST.. someone like me Rolling Eyes

Nominating yourself is kind of childish. If your worthy, you will be noticed.

so is being a admin's pet

plus you don't get chosen to be an op, you apply
you get chosen to be trustee and above

zlaty

Posts : 17
Join date : 2010-11-12
Age : 24
Location : Toronto

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Ehh, like a Canadian.

Post  Purepower on Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:30 pm

True, you do have to apply to become an Op. But, they are not gonna take some joe-blow that walks off the street. If you're good at heart and what you do, you will be noticed. But no one is going to think "Oh, he would be a great Op, since he wrote that he would be." And not an Admin's pet. I visit here more than most and just try to keep order. (That's how you get noticed)
avatar
Purepower

Posts : 32
Join date : 2010-11-07
Age : 24
Location : Georgia, US

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Communication

Post  zlaty on Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:19 pm

now you are being ignorant and a pet..
and you've only been here 3 days longer than I and we have the same rank so if I am a joe-blow so are you Cool

zlaty

Posts : 17
Join date : 2010-11-12
Age : 24
Location : Toronto

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Communication

Post  Purepower on Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:19 am

zlaty wrote:now you are being ignorant and a pet..
and you've only been here 3 days longer than I and we have the same rank so if I am a joe-blow so are you Cool

I don't understand the pet comments. As far as I've seen, no admin has posted or even looked at these messages. And I never called you, specifically, a joe-blow. I've seen your work. And its acceptable. And a "Joe-blow" isn't defined by time. 'Tis Defined by skill, creativity, and virtues. Still doesn't change the fact that you shouldn't be flaunting that you "should be an Op"
avatar
Purepower

Posts : 32
Join date : 2010-11-07
Age : 24
Location : Georgia, US

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Communication

Post  zlaty on Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:56 am

I think your problem is that you try to be a mediator in every single issue, even the ones that have absolutely nothing to do with you. and yes of course I am going to suggest to be an op, it only makes sense when I see a server with ops on only during euro times and it isn't like you are on at my time, I would be suggesting both of us. I am on there alone, watching as griefers come in and all i can do is tb which annoys the f**k out of me. you know why it annoys the f**k out of me? cause i didnt want this server to turn into a forgotten wasteland but it doesnt matter cause it already has

zlaty

Posts : 17
Join date : 2010-11-12
Age : 24
Location : Toronto

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Agreed.

Post  Purepower on Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:41 am

I finally agree with you. On almost everything that you said. I agree that griefers are the problem, and that it should be stopped. As much as possible of course. I do agree that this server has become a forgotten wasteland to most. But I still love this server, if It'll ever stay on long enough to play. New and better Ops that have a wide range of play times would be great too. But you and me both are in EST. We have the same time zone. I'm trying to get on NF any time that I have the chance to (busy schedule with work and school). I agree that I try to be a mediator in any situation or topic, but I don't see it as a problem. That's how I am in real life and its how I'm going to act on here. I'm a customer service rep. at my job at a grocery store. So it is my job to fix problems. There needs to be a meeting to solve all of these Op and SOp problems. But getting the server up and running might be nice first.
avatar
Purepower

Posts : 32
Join date : 2010-11-07
Age : 24
Location : Georgia, US

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Communication

Post  maxinator33 on Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:13 am

Let an admin come between Razz

First, the Managers are chosen when they apply, but they need to have all the requirements, + good status at the Trustees+. When you see a griefed building/griefer, please write down the name (or write it in notepad) so you can report to an Manager+

maxinator33

Posts : 35
Join date : 2010-10-10
Age : 21
Location : Netherlands

View user profile

Back to top Go down

msn...

Post  Admin on Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:42 am

sorry we use msn to discuss newflat
avatar
Admin
Admin
Admin

Posts : 47
Join date : 2010-09-27
Age : 22

View user profile http://newflatserver.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Communication

Post  zlaty on Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:57 pm

maxinator33 wrote:Let an admin come between Razz

First, the Managers are chosen when they apply, but they need to have all the requirements, + good status at the Trustees+. When you see a griefed building/griefer, please write down the name (or write it in notepad) so you can report to an Manager+

that is exactly what I did. I told mega_sexy about it and he said he can't do anything because he has to see exactly what they did. I have a list of about 10 names that I know griefed and that I personally tb'd by the time I finally found an op on the server the maps were refreshed and evidence long gone. tell me if you want the griefer's names cause they aren't perm banned...

zlaty

Posts : 17
Join date : 2010-11-12
Age : 24
Location : Toronto

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Communication

Post  gamerfan on Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:06 am

zlaty wrote:
maxinator33 wrote:Let an admin come between Razz

First, the Managers are chosen when they apply, but they need to have all the requirements, + good status at the Trustees+. When you see a griefed building/griefer, please write down the name (or write it in notepad) so you can report to an Manager+

that is exactly what I did. I told mega_sexy about it and he said he can't do anything because he has to see exactly what they did. I have a list of about 10 names that I know griefed and that I personally tb'd by the time I finally found an op on the server the maps were refreshed and evidence long gone. tell me if you want the griefer's names cause they aren't perm banned...
I'll take the names Zlaty.
avatar
gamerfan

Posts : 13
Join date : 2010-11-28
Age : 27
Location : U.S.A

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/thegamerfan6745/

Back to top Go down

Re: Communication

Post  zlaty on Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:25 pm

i threw them out

zlaty

Posts : 17
Join date : 2010-11-12
Age : 24
Location : Toronto

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Communication

Post  gamerfan on Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:23 pm

zlaty wrote:i threw them out
oh ok.
avatar
gamerfan

Posts : 13
Join date : 2010-11-28
Age : 27
Location : U.S.A

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/thegamerfan6745/

Back to top Go down

Re: Communication

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum